Gary Arndt is a photographer and American blogger, the author of the travel blog Everything Everywhere and a former Minneapolis entrepreneur. Gary Arndt has been traveling around the world since 2007, he have visited over 120 countries and over 300 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Gary Arndt’s blog Everything Everywhere is widely considered one of the most popular travel blogs in the world.
- Tell us a little bit about your website and yourself?
My name is Gary Arndt. I sold my home in 2007 to travel around the world and I lived a nomadic existence for 9 years. During that time I taught myself photography and was named Travel Photographer of the Year in North America three times.
- How many countries have you visited?
As of today, I’ve been to 121 countries in the United Nations and 193 territories in the Traveler’s Century Club.
- What are some of your favorite locations you have explored?
Some of my favorite places include South Georgia Island, Oman, Jordan, Northern Canada, Alaska, Samoa, and Germany.
- What is your favorite place on Earth for traveling and why?
As a region, my favorite part of the Earth is the islands of the Pacific. Only a few get any sizable amount of tourism. The rest are relatively unvisited and affordable once you get there.
- What camera(s) do you use on your travels? Do you have a favorite travel camera bag?
I currently use a Sony a7rII with a Sony a6000 as a backup camera. I don’t have any particular favorite camera bag. I’m still looking for one.
- What are some of your favorite places on Earth to photograph?
My favorite places are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and National Parks. I’ve been to 343 World Heritage Sites around the world and I’m currently working on visiting all 417 National Park Service Sites in the US.
- In your opinion, what makes a good travel photograph?
A good travel photo should give you a sense of the place and give you a desire to want to go there.
Have any questions about Gary Arndt ? Drop a message in the comments below!